Monday, December 9, 2013

Week 64: "filled up the font with buckets in 40 minutes."


This week was a really great week! On Thursday we had the opportunity to go down to Montevideo in order to listen to President Smith. It was truly incredible! We learned a lot of amazing things and I´m really excited to teach them to our zone. Saturday we had a great day.  We have a companionship that was having difficulties in getting along with each other. So we went and had an interview with the two of them. It was a great experience to see the spirit work through us in order to help these two missionaries. After that we got a phone call from some hermanas that were going to have a baptism that night and they said the baptismal font didn´t have running water. So we told them to come to our church. We got there about 6 o´clock and the baptism started at 7:30. The font usually takes about 3 hours to fill up. So my companion and I, and another companionship of Elders, and the hermanas filled up the font with buckets in 40 minutes. It was so much fun!!! 
I don´t have a lot of time today because we don´t have a Pday. The assistants are here in Artigas and we're doing divisions with them today and tomorrow.  I want you to know that I know this is the one, and only true church of Jesus Christ. I know only through the priesthood power in this church can we be saved. I know through the holy sacred ordinances of baptism, the priesthood, the temple, and the sacrament we can partake of the effects of the atonement. I know the Book of Mormon to be the word of God. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet, he restored the true church to this earth so we can obtain eternal bliss.  I hope you have a great week!
Elder Arbon

No comments:

Post a Comment