Thursday, June 26, 2014

Week 92: "humility comes from love"

I thought that after awhile of taking Elders to the airport I would get used to it but some of the Elders have become some of my greatest friends and it hurts more each time because I may not see some of these people ever again in this life. This week was absolutely incredible! This past Sunday we had changes and we had a fireside in Rivera! Changes were really good, my companion and I call on the companionships in order to tell them their change. I really enjoy it because I get to know almost every person. The fireside was a great experience that I will never forget. It was a meeting where no one directed. It was videos, testimonies from recent converts, and a choir from the missionaries. The spirit there was so strong! Also I got a new companion, his name is Elder Aqueveque, from Chile. Such a stud! Such a hard worker and is really focused on the work! Elder Bossa, one of my companions right now is going home in two weeks so Elder Aqueveque will be my companion until the end of the change. I´m going to miss Elder Bossa a lot, I have learned a lot from him. On Monday we came home from our trip to Rivera and on Tuesday were the changes. The oros, or the missionaries were supposed to get here at 8 o´clock but due to the fog their plane from Buenos Aires was delayed until 4 o´clock. When they got here we had a capacitaciĆ³n with them and then the next day we gave a capacitaciĆ³n to the trainers and then the trainers met their oros. After that we have been working super hard on the fireside we are going to be having here in Cerro. I cannot wait!!!!! We’re practicing as a choir, put a movie together, and meet with all of the recent converts. It has been such a blessing to meet with all of the converts in order to hear their testimonies. It´s incredible to see how much the Gospel has changed the lives of these amazing people!
I learned something so amazing this week! I was studying about humility this week and I learned that humility comes from love. Jesus loved the Father so much he was able to humble himself enough to drink the bitter cup. It was love that motivated him to humble himself! If we love someone we are not going to allow our pride to come first over that person. That really helped me realize that if we want to be humble we must first come to love God our Father and then our fellow brethren. President Smith gave us permission to watch the games of Uruguay so I got to watch the game with my companions. It was incredible! So much fun! It is going to take me awhile to get used to watching TV again. I felt super awkward.

Elder Arbon



No comments:

Post a Comment