Monday, December 10, 2012

Week 12: I know you`re not suppose to focus on numbers but it doesn`t hurt to shoot for the sky does it?


Our area is awesome. It`s so huge. We get bikes so that`s been nice but my butt is just now fully used to sitting on a bike seat for eight hours a day. On P-Day we ride into town which takes about an hour and a half and then we write home at a cyper cafe, go to the store, and sometimes we`ll play soccer with our district or zone.  I miss you so much. Listen to ¨Bless my Son¨ by the Nashville Tribute Band. It made me realize I have the best mom. I cried the first time I listened to it. I`m doing really well! I love it here! We are always busy so that`s been good, no headaches but I`ve had a cough the past two weeks so hopefully it will go away soon. I haven`t used any money, we just don`t have time to buy things. But we don`t eat a lot either. We have a big lunch and then we work until the sun goes down. I love it!  This week was a fun week! People here in Uruguay think they are fine the way they are and satisfied with just getting by. That stuff makes me so mad! I have the answer to all of their problems and it will bless their life more than they can imagine, and that`s the atonement of Jesus Christ. I just wish people could see that. My companion is kind of like that too. My companion is getting on my nerves a little bit though. He`s okay with setting low goals and doesn`t care if we reach them or not. It makes me so mad!!!!! So now we set our goals the highest we can, and our goals each week are to beat everyone in our district. I know you`re not suppose to focus on numbers but it doesn`t hurt to shoot for the sky does it? I know it doesn`t. I know this is bad and I need to repent but since he`s been complaining about setting our goals so high I time our bike rides to each city and the next time we go to that city I try and beat that time. He complains so much because he`s tired, I know that`s bad but he needs to know I`m here to work. I hope he gets the picture!!!! But we had a zone meeting and I was asked to bear my testimony so that was an awesome experience. Women here are funny though, during a lesson we had two people start breast feeding right in front of us. I wanted to say, `Stop, put that thing back in your shirt` but I couldn`t. It`s tough to get people to come to church here because the church is so far away from their house and they don`t have a way of transportation. But I love it here!!! This week I want you to focus on the atonement and how you can apply it to your life. I know through the atonement we can be forgiven for our sins and forgive others. I will make you proud.
Your son,
Elder Arbon

No comments:

Post a Comment