Thursday, November 8, 2012

Week 7: "After you see the gospel touch someone’s life, you have to know this gospel is true."


How´s everything going? I miss you! I´m so glad you are doing okay! It sounds like the family is doing so good! I miss all you guys so much! Mitt Romney lost? Are you serious? What does that mean for our country? Was the election close? That makes me so upset.
It was a good week this week! On Wednesday it was just the gringos and we all played soccer together. We were playing and I kicked the ball and it hit a kid in the head and it knocked him out cold. I think it must of hit him just right! He got up and was okay but I was still laughing so hard! I apologized after though! On Halloween my district came and slept in my room and we put up your decorations you sent me and ate the candy grandma sent me! We stayed up until 12 just talking about home. It was so much fun! Proseltismo was so cool! We went back to the guy we had taught for the past two weeks and we taught him another lesson. We invited him to be baptized and he accepted!!!!!! It was such a cool experience. I´m just mad we won´t be able to see him get baptized. It was such an amazing experience to see the gospel touch his life. After you see the gospel touch someone’s life, you have to know this gospel is true. On Monday, I got a latino companion. He´s name is Elder Segovia, from Ecuador. He´s a convert, been a member for only two years and has a huge tattoo down his right calf. Love him to death but I know God is truly trying to teach me patience. They are so different as a culture. They have no personal space and they take everything. I don´t mind him using my stuff but I don´t like being touched, I know I need to be more Christlike but I´m not a big fan of guys toughing me. I can communicate but it´s so basic. I don´t have a personality in spanish yet but I´m getting there.
Thank you so much for the letters and the packages! I look forward to them every week! I´m sorry this email was so short today. We didn´t have a lot of time to write. But I love you. 
Elder Arbon

No comments:

Post a Comment