Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Week 24: "I want to bear my testimony that I know without a doubt in my heart that I know this church is true."


It was a great week this week. Last Saturday we had the baptisms for Aldo and Sophia. The baptism was amazing and everything went so smooth. Their uncle baptized them and on Sunday my companion and I got to stand in the circle when they were given the Holy Ghost and confirmed members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. It was truly one of the best moments of my mission so far. To be able to help one of God´s children receive one of his most precious gifts, the gift of the Holy Ghost. This was truly such an amazing experience. We had a rough day in church though, we didn´t have any investigators attend this week. It was raining that day and when it rains the whole country shuts down. No lie! So we spent most of church trying to throw people over our shoulder and bring them to church but with no exito (success). It was good though, adds fuel to the fire to work even harder. Gloria is doing good, but she was going to go into her operation on Thursday so she didn´t want to walk in the rain and get sick for her operation. Then her operation was cancelled, but she has been really sick lately so we haven´t been available to sit down and have a lesson with her for a while. Sunday night my comp butchered my hair, I look like I´m straight out of boot camp. This week we did a lot of finding and we tried mostly through contacting. We didn´t have a whole lot of success and we had a meeting with the bishop today and we´re going to have a meeting with him tomorrow to receive some names of some menos activos (less active) so can help complete part member families. Also this week I did a lot of driving. I was a little nervous at first because the drivers here are legitimately nuts, but I learned that there is no such thing as a right of way. Their philosophy is, take it or lose it. So I´ve been doing that this week. I received a letter from the Fast and Furious movie crew and they said they wanted me to be their stunt driver but I told them I have to finish my mission first. Ha. But today was really fun, we went to Ciudad Vieja. It was so beautiful. It was a lot of fun. I love offices, it´s a lot of work but that´s why I love it. I´m finally starting to get the hang of things though, the only thing now that´s really holding me back is my Spanish but I know with time that will come. I can understand a majority of what they are saying and I can hold the conversation, I just don´t have my full personality so I can´t connect with people a whole lot. I still really like my companion, he´s a hard worker. We both have the same goals to work hard and be obedient so we get along really well. My comp and I wake up a half hour earlier to go for a run and a TRX band workout. This week I learned a lot about faith. In order to have faith we must first believe in ourselves. We must first do the things God wants us to do, and when we do those things we will be able to feel we are worthy to receive his love and his blessings. If you feel you are unworthy of God´s love how could you love him and if you don´t truly love and believe in him how could you have faith that he exists? I want to bear my testimony that I know without a doubt in my heart that I know this church is true. I´m grateful for Satan, because without his temptations how could I become better and I´m grateful God loves me enough to chasten me. I love you all and I hope you have a great week.
Con amor y honra,
Elder Arbon

No comments:

Post a Comment