Saturday, April 13, 2013

Week 30: "The Lord blesses us so much and the reason why is not just because of obedience, it is because we´re doing more than we think we could and we´re working our tails off."


This week was a really good week! Conference was amazing. I´m so mad I never went when I was home. I think when I get home we need to start a tradition that we should go to por lo menos one session every six months. Deal? But what I got out of conference is the importance of obedience. At times we don´t know why God has commanded us to do certain things or why God has given us the trials we are all facing. But God has promised us, He promised us, if we obey he is bound to bless us. Fa, I loved conference. In between conferences we went looking for people to bring and we went to this lady´s house named Estela. As we got there she came out yelling at her son and she told us she couldn´t attend us. But then she broke down and started to cry. We sat down and talked to her and she opened up to us. She told us she´s sola(single) and her kid is a drug dealer. We said a prayer with her and gave her a LDM and taught her about the power of the atonement and Christ’s suffering for us. It was such a good lesson. Also this week we´ve been teaching a guy named Luis. He´s a really good guy, but he is the perfect example of an Uruguayo. He just talks and talks and talks. He´s a really good guy though. We watched the restauracion with him and he really enjoyed it. He told us he´ll be at church this week.  Also this week we´ve been really focused on Kati and Santi. They have progressed so much. Santi doesn´t sleep over at her house anymore, he sleeps at the sister´s house who is married, and they both stopped smoking. We have the baptism for her the next Friday! I can´t  wait! Also yesterday we went by Estela and we didn´t have a lot of time so we sat down with her outside and invited her to come to the baptism of Nico today and then we invited her to be baptized. When we asked her she accepted and started to cry. Our president leaves at the end of July, and when the new president comes I might have to come back to the offices because I´ll be one of the only ones with a license. The work is going so well. We have a lot of great investigators. The Lord blesses us so much and the reason why is not just because of obedience, it is because we´re doing more than we think we could and we´re working our tails off. Sometimes we´re running from one appointment to another. That´s the key to missionary work, obedience, work, and then give it all to Him. I´m still loving the office. Next week I get a new comp and I´ll be senior comp and he´s only been in the mission for 3 months. I can´t wait, I´m going to work his shoes to their soles.
Fa, amo esta obra. Les amo todo. 
Elder Arbon

No comments:

Post a Comment