Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Week 37: "I`m grateful to be a bearer of this Holy Priesthood."


This week was amazing. It was crazy! On Monday we got a call from Buenos Aires saying that there would be a guy coming to audit our mission. So my companion and I didn`t sleep at all Monday and Tuesday night. We got maybe 2 to 3 hours a night sleep. We had to go through and make sure everything was organized right. It was really good though. The guy that came was really impressed. I was a little upset we didn`t get any time to work in the field that day but I know He will bless us in the future. Also we had an investigator try to leave us on Monday, Kati. Her and her boyfriend tried to leave to Rivera to escape her mother. They ended up getting caught in terminal and brought back home, it was a blessing in disguise. But on Monday we went to their house to say goodbye and as we were leaving Santi began to cry, faw. I haven`t felt like that since I came to the mission, it brought tears to my eyes. It`s going to be so hard leaving the people of Uruguay. But on Thursday we had an amazing conference by Elder Maynes. By far the best conference I have ever been to. He and his wife spoke, I learned a lot and my testimony grew so much. She talked about putting on "Full Court Press" against Satan. He talked about God and Jesus Christ being the first companionship of this dispensation and Josè Smith as the first investigator, talked about a true conversion to the gospel is to truly repent, which truly means to "change." Give our will to him. I love it! But this week was a good week with investigators tambien. We`re working really hard with a man named Luis, he`s a super really nice guy and has a lot of fe but right now we need to help him gain a testimony of the Book of Mormon. I want to bear testimony that I know the Book of Mormon to be the perfect word of God. I know without a doubt that the Book of Mormon was translated by Josè Smith only through the power of the Holy Ghost. I know that the Book of Mormon contains the instructions for life. I know that it testifies of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I know it`s true and I will never deny it. It is the evidence that Josè was a prophet and the holy priesthood was restored to this earth and I`m grateful to be a bearer of this Holy Priesthood. I´m doing so well! I can´t express to you in words how much I´ve grown a love and an appreciation of the atonement of our Savior and Redeemer Jesus Christ. When it comes down to it, it is the ultimate answer to all our problems. Christ suffered and died for each and every one of our sins. But he didn´t just suffer for our sins, he suffered for our sickness, heartaches, and our challenges. He did this not just to satisfy the law of forgiveness, but he did this so he could carry us through our trials. Not just walk along side us. He´s here to carry us, plead for us, and fight for us. He just asks one thing. Give it all to him. He loves us and wants the best for us, that´s why he gives us these trials. Only from the greatest trails are the greatest things brought to past. Put your faith and trust him, he´s waiting with his arms wide open not just to embrace you, but to carry you and fight for you. I want to bear my testimony that I know this church is the one, and only true church of Jesus Christ. He restored the keys of the priesthood to the first Prophet of the last dispensation and of the restoration and I carry that power. I`m grateful for the Book of Mormon and I know it to be the perfect word of God. I know God loves us enough to give us the perfect plan for us so we can return to live with him and and family again.
Les quiero.
Elder Arbon

No comments:

Post a Comment