Sunday, June 9, 2013

Week 38: "I'm not looking back."


This weekly was an amazing week! It was a little rough because it was changes week so Tuesday and Wednesday we didn´t get anytime in the field to proselyte. But Tuesday we gave a presentation to all of the new missionaries about the finances. Wednesday we had to make sure everyone took the right bus and ended up in the right place. Wednesday we had to make sure everything was ready for when the new missionaries met their trainers. On Thursday we took all of the missionaries to the airport. Faw, I´m so glad that I have 16 months left. But my testimony grew again this week, God blesses those who serve him. We didn´t get a lot of time in the field but one of our investigators got an answer to his prayers, Luis. His brother has had a hard time with alcohol, but after he asked our Heavenly Father if José Smith was a real prophet of God, his brother got better that day. It was truly a blessing. I know God answers prayer, but we must pray with fe and we must be willing to act on the answer, even if it´s not what we want to do. But funny story...we are teaching this family that the dad is a menos activo. We´ve gotten really close with them. The girlfriend of the dad was asking me yesterday what my type of girls were. I told her I could not date on my mission, but she didn´t stop, she insisted. She said when we go by tonight she´s going to have one of her friends waiting for me. It was super funny! But this week I read a talk written by Elder Jeffery R. Holland called Remember Lot´s Wife. Such a power talk, I challenge all of you to read it. But I would like to bear testimony that I know this church is the one and only true church of Jesus Christ. It was restored through the same priesthood keys that He held while on the earth. I know the priesthood is the power of God. I know the Book of Mormon to be the perfect word of God without fault. I know I can return to live with my Father in Heaven, but only through His Son Jesus Christ the his sacrifice. "I´m not looking back."
Elder Arbon 

No comments:

Post a Comment