Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Week 36: "I love this gospel and I´m so grateful to wear my Savior´s name."


The baptism was amazing! Nahuel didn´t want a lot of people there so we just had few but the spirit was so strong. Elder Gudmundson hasn´t had the opportunity to perform a baptism so I had him do it. It was a really good experience for Nahuel to make that first covenant with the Lord and see Elder Gudmundson´s confidence grow. This week I want you to study 1 Nefi 8 about Lehi´s dream. I studied about that a lot this week and my testimony for the Savior and his sacrifice and also for the scriptures grew by leaps and bounds. I really learned the significance of his dream. First of all, the tree of life. It´s the love of God, but what´s the love of God? The love of God is his Son and our Savior and Redeemer. God so loved the world he gave his only Begotten Son. And more specifically it´s the blessings of the atonement. Through the atonement we can receive a remission for our sins, the cleansing power, and also we can receive the power to overcome our faults and follow our Lord and Savior, the enabling power. But how can we receive the love of God, the only way is through the word of Christ or the Scriptures. But in this chapter it says we need to hold to the rod (the scriptures) continually, with all our might. Only then can we overcome the temptations of the devil. I know scriptures to be the word of God, and especially the Book of Mormon. I know the Book of Mormon was translated by Joseph Smith who translated it only by the power of the Spirit. I know God loves us enough he sent his perfect son to suffer and die for us. I also know that the one and only true church, the church of our Savior, has been restored to this earth through the priesthood keys, the same keys that Jesus Christ held. I know that ordinances and covenants are truly blessings in our life. I love this gospel and I´m so grateful to wear my Savior´s name. Even though we´re in the offices, we´re serving the missionaries and God knows that. The greatest among them are those that serve and I´m learning that now. The more we obey and the more we serve, the more blessings we receive.
Elder Arbon

No comments:

Post a Comment