Friday, August 30, 2013

Week 49: Enos 1:4


This week was amazing. This week we helped as a whole district move the hermanas to a new house and also I had the opportunity to do 2 divisions. One of those with the elders that share our ward. They have been struggling a lot lately with people in church and lessons. This week they had 3 investigators in church, it was such a great blessing from the Lord. The most they have had in months. Also, Saturday we had a ward activity. I played football with all the little kids of the ward. It was so much fun. I attached a picture of it. But my companion and I have been changed. I am going to a different barrio in Artigas as a Zone Leader. I can`t wait. My companion is such a stud. His name is Elder Màrmol from Spain. He only has 1 more change left before he goes home so he has a lot of experience and has had a lot of success so I get the opportunity to learn from him. I`m going to make sure he sprints until the end. No trunkiness allowed. I can`t wait to start working. The zone of Aritgas is going to blow up here in a few weeks. We`re going to be right next to the city of Enoch in los cielos. Jaja. Yesterday we were trying to find an ex investigator and we knocked this door and we met a lady from the church evangelica. The spirit was so strong and we were testifying our hearts out. She opened her heart and listen to us. I truly gained my testimony of the priesthood. She said that a church doesn`t save us, Jesus does. She was correct but at the same time wrong. Jesus established his church because only through his church do we have the priesthood power. It is only through Priesthood power can we access the power of the atonement through the saving ordinances of Baptism, temple work, and la santa cena. But it has to be His priesthood, not any, but His. His will, His way, and His timing.  We had a lesson with this guy named Fierrera. He is about 40 years old and he is having some really hard times in his life. We shared a lesson and to be honest it was horrible. But we came back the next day and that day we studied the story of Enos and his prayer of forgiveness. We shared that with him and he said that he had said the same words Enos said and he said he felt his sins lifted from him. He was trying to explain the holy ghost but couldn`t. He kept saying an overwhelming peace. This was an answer to one of my prayers. I have been praying so hard to gain such a strong testimony that Jesus is my savior by receiving a forgiveness of my sins. In that lesson it showed me that Jesus has forgiven me of my sins. I want to share the scripture that hit me really hard. Enos 1:4.....hunger (desire), kneeled down (humility), cried out (prayed), and all day and all night (paciencia). I know without a doubt in my heart that Jesus is my Savior and that he has paid that price for my sins. I love him and I am grateful for him! I love this work and I know without a doubt in my heart that this is His work....and "Hoy es el Dia" that God is apresurando su obra (D&C 88:73). I know this is the one and only church of Christ. I know that through the holy priesthood power we can access the cleansing power of the atonement through sacred ordinances. I love His work and I love my Lord and Redeemer.
Elder Arbon

No comments:

Post a Comment