Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Week 46: "Quiere agua, quiere un beso."


Super solid week this week! We`ve been working super hard to try to get the ward animated in the obra misional. Saturday we had a ward activity where we all came together and we had the whole ward go out and contact all of our old investigators. It was an amazing experience for the ward because they got to see the joy that comes from missionary work. After the missionaries played futbol with the barrio and cooked tortillas paraguayas. It was awesome, we had about 50 at the activity. But this week we have been working really hard with Rosario and Santiago. Rosario is the esposa of a recent convert and we`ve been really focusing on the importance of the family. They have a 2 year old son named Axel, it was super fun because one day we were walking down the street and Axel comes running yelling Elderes. Such a good experience! Also, Santiago is the nephew of Rosario and Fabricio. We found him one day when he went to visit Rosario. He`s 13 and has a lot of Fe in Jesus Christ. He has already read to 1 Nefi 11. Without a doubt in my heart I know it is the word of God given to us as another testament of Jesus Christ. Funny story, my comp had another bad dream and woke up screaming so one of the Latino Elders in the house woke me up so  he didn`t get beat up and I guess I woke up speaking in Spanish to my comp and some of the things I said were, "Quiere agua, quiere un beso." After I said that he went right to sleep. The next day when one of the Latinos told me that I laughed the whole day. But this week I`ve been studying a lot about the atonement and the priesthood. I`ve been reading in D&C 84 that talks about the only way we can access the ordinances of this gospel is through the priesthood and only through these sacred holy ordinances can we access the power of the atonement. I know this church is the only church on this Earth that holds the keys and the power to use the holy priesthood power for the saving of the souls of men. I love this gospel and I love this work. I love you all and have a good week.
Elder Arbon 

No comments:

Post a Comment