Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Week 45: "Obedience brings blessing, exact obedience brings miracles, and exact obedience with hard work brings miracles daily."

This week was an amazing week, we were so blessed in the work! A few things that happened this week: we had to take an hermana to the hospital because she had an allergic reaction at 10:30 at night, we have been searching for new houses for the hermanas that will be opening up an area, and my companion had a night terror and beat up a latino Elder that slept next to him (I laughed the whole next day). But his week was truly amazing. We could truly see the hand of God in the work. We have been focusing really hard and strengthening the barrio because last Sunday we had only 25 people attend church. This week we had our first consejo de barrio and our first activity as a ward in 6 months. In church we had 50 people in church, that was truly a miracle. Also we were blessed with success as missionaries. We had a lady named Elida Renee and a kid named Nico. With Elida Renee we took a less active member to her house and asked to come to church and she came. With Nico, we play futbol every Wednesday with all of the kids of the barrio and we have gotten really gotten close with a lot of them so they`ve started to come to church. But I learned a great principle this week, "Obedience brings blessing, exact obedience brings miracles, and exact obedience with hard work brings miracles daily." I know this is true and I saw it this week. I love this work and I know it is His work. I know that the priesthood, the same priesthood that Christ held while on the Earth has been restored, through our Beloved prophet Josè Smith. I know it is only through this priesthood that we can access the cleansing and strengthening power of the atonement through the saving ordinance only performed by the priesthood of God. I love you all and I hope you have a great week.
Elder Arbon

No comments:

Post a Comment